Last revised 07/02/2024
1. Who we are and how to contact us
This Site is owned by:
Viking Office Europe B.V.
5928 LA Venlo
Chamber of Commerce: 12066592
The Site is managed in The Netherlands by Viking Office Europe B.V. (referred to below as “Viking”, “we”, “us” and “our”).
You can contact us by using one of the options below:
- You can contact us by using the Contact Form
- You can send us an email to the following address: email@example.com
- You can call us on: +31 77 326 50 00
- You can write to us at the following address:
Viking Office Europe
5928 LA Venlo
2. By using our Site you accept these terms
By using our Site, you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these terms, then you must not use our Site.
Our Site is intended for audiences of 13 years and above; you should have your parents’ consent if you are under 16. We reserve the right to request evidence of parental consent at any time. Certain parts of our Site may have age restrictions, based on what is appropriate viewing for certain ages or what is legally permitted by law. Where age restrictions apply, it will be clearly marked on the Site, and you may be asked to verify your age before proceeding.
3. There are other terms that may apply to you
4. We may make changes to these terms
We may amend these terms from time to time. [If any such changes are made, we will endeavour to give you 30 days’ notice of this or, if less, as much notice as we reasonably can.] OR [We may notify you of such changes by any reasonable means, including by posting the revised version of these terms on our Site. We will not necessarily bring changes or updates to your attention so please visit this page periodically to ensure you are aware of any changes when you visit the Site. You can determine when we last changed these terms and conditions by referring to the “LAST REVISED” date above.] You acknowledge and agree that your continued access to and use of our Site constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
5. We may make changes to our Site
We may update and make changes to our Site from time to time to reflect changes to our products and to provide the best possible experience to our users, with relevant content. You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the content of our Site may change without prior notice. [We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.]
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Site is accurate, complete, or up to date.
6. We may suspend or withdraw our Site
We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be accessible or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal. We accept no liability or responsibility for any access issues you may experience.
7. How you may use materials on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, and in the materials published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You should assume that copyright subsists in everything you see or read on our Site. You are permitted to view and use the images and content available on our Site for your own personal, non-commercial use. You must not use any images or content on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors. Any unauthorised use of the images and content may violate copyright laws, trademark laws and privacy laws as well as communications regulations and statutes. We do not give any commitment that your use of materials displayed on our Site will not infringe rights of third parties.
PLEASE NOTE THAT UNAUTHORISED USE OF THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY SOFTWARE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE) MAY IN CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS RESULT IN MONETARY DAMAGES AND OTHER CIVIL AND CRIMINAL PENALTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.
8. User-generated content
We may include features on our Site that allow you to share your content with us and other users of our Site. By sharing content through the Site, your content may become publicly accessible.
You hereby grant Viking and its affiliated entities a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and licence, without compensation to you:
(a) to use, reproduce, distribute, adapt (including without limitation edit, modify, translate, and reformat), derive, transmit, display, and perform (publicly or otherwise) such content in any media now known or hereafter developed, for Viking and/or affiliated entities’ business purposes; and
(b) to sublicense the foregoing rights, through multiple tiers, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
The foregoing licences shall survive any termination of your use of our Site, as further described below.
For all the content you share through our Site, you represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights for you to grant these licenses, and that such content complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and does not infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party and is furthermore free from viruses and other malware.
You further, to the extent permissible by law, irrevocably waive any “moral rights” or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding each item of user content that you submit.
Please note that we do not solicit or encourage submissions of content containing ideas or suggestions relating to our Site, our business, or our affiliated entities’ businesses. If you send us any ideas or suggestions, regardless of the topic, we and our affiliated entities will have no obligations with respect to such ideas or suggestions and may use them for any purpose whatsoever.
9. Acceptable use of our Site and rules of conduct
You may only use our Site for lawful purposes. You must not:
- knowingly introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, spyware other computer code, file or program that is harmful or invasive or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment.
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to our Site.
- restrict or inhibit any person from using our Site (including by hacking or defacing any portion of our Site).
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or otherwise exploit for any commercial purpose any portion of, use of, or access to our Site.
- modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of our Site, except as expressly permitted by applicable law.
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from our Site or from materials originating from our Site.
- frame or mirror any part of our Site without our express prior written consent.
- create a database by systematically downloading and storing all or any content accessible on our Site.
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape”, “data mine” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of our Site, without our express prior written consent.
- publish any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid scheme” or investment opportunity, or any other form of solicitation.
- publish any material non-public information about a person or a company without the proper authorisation to do so.
Additionally, when using our Site and/or sharing content with us, you are prohibited from posting any content which:
- is defamatory of any person.
- is obscene, offensive, hateful, or inflammatory.
- bullies, insults, intimidates, or humiliates any person.
- promotes sexually explicit material.
- promotes violence.
- promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- infringes any third-party rights, including (but not limited to) copyright, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, rights of publicity, rights of privacy and moral rights.
- promotes or encourages any illegal activity or anti-social behaviour.
- threatens, abuses, harasses, upsets, or alarms any person.
- is misleading or likely to deceive any person.
- impersonates any person or misrepresents your identity or affiliation with any person.
- contains any advertising or promotes any services or web links to other sites.
- promotes a political agenda.
We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and will fully cooperate with those authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose your identity. We reserve the right to moderate and remove any content or materials or cancel any links at any time as we see fit.
While we may monitor and moderate the content or materials submitted through our Site, we are under no obligation to do so and assume no responsibility or liability for anything contained in any user-generated content, including (but not limited to) any error, defamation, omission, falsehood, obscenity, profanity, discrimination, or inaccuracy.
10. How we may use your personal information
11. We run promotions and competitions
When an opportunity to take part in a promotion or a competition is provided, you will be required to accept a separate set of terms and conditions related to the specific promotion or competition.
12. We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, security, or practices of these third-party sites. These links are provided to you only for convenience and their inclusion does not imply reliability or endorsement by us of the content of any third-party sites. Your use of third-party sites and resources are at your own risk.
13. Limitation of liability
We only provide our Site for private use. You agree not to use our Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
We will accept no liability for any loss or damage of any kind (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage) arising as a result of access issues or from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on our Site, provided we do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents, or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
15. Information or complaint
If you have any question or complaint regarding our Site or these terms and conditions, please contact us using one of the options listed above in section 1.
We may terminate your access to or use of our Site, or any portion thereof, at any time if you breach these terms or if we reasonably believe that you have breached these terms. Upon any such termination, your right to access or use our Site will cease immediately. Termination of your access to and use of our Site may be affected without prior notice to you. We will not be liable to you or any third party for terminating your access to and use of Site.
If any provision, in whole or in part, is deemed to be unlawful, void or otherwise unenforceable, then that provision, or part thereof, shall be severed from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
18. Governing law