This Privacy and Security Notice explains how we handle the collection, processing, use, and disclosure of your (personal) data*. In this notice you and your refer to the person that personal data relates to, being our customer or any representative of our customer, or being a visitor to our website.
* Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
At Office Depot, the fundamental principles related to personal data are followed are:
- We are thoughtful about the (personal) information we ask you to provide and the (personal) information that we collect about you;
- We store (personal) information for only as long as we have a legal basis to keep it;
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control the (personal) information we collect, process and disclose of you; and.
- We aim to be fully transparent on how we collect, use, and share your personal information.
2 Who are we?
Office Depot is a group of companies with a European headquarters in Venlo, the Netherlands. Office Depot is data controller with regard to the processing of personal data as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation. For further information please visit http://eur-lex.europa.eu/.
When we mention Office Depot in this policy, we are referring to the separate and distinct legal entities that make up the Office Depot Group of companies. Which of the Office Depot Companies controls your personal information depends on the country in which your account is managed.
The companies which make up the Office Depot Group currently are:
- Office Depot Europe BV, Columbusweg 33, 5928 LA Venlo, Netherlands
- Viking Netherlands BV, Columbusweg 33, 5928 LA Venlo, Netherlands
- Office Depot Deutschland GmbH, Linus-Pauling-Straße 2, 63762 Großostheim, Germany
- Viking Schweiz GmbH, Sägestraße 50-52, 5600 Lenzburg, Switzerland
- Viking Direkt GesmbH, Tragweiner Straße 57, 4230 Pregarten, Austria
- Office Depot International (UK) Ltd, 501 Beaumont Leys Lane, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE4 2BN, United Kingdom
- Viking Direct (Ireland) Ltd t/as Viking 10 Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, D02 T380, Ireland
- Office Depot International BVBA/SPRL, Antwerpen Harmonie, Lange Lozanastraat 142, 2018 Antwerpen, Belgium
- Office Depot Service Center Srl, Strada Alexandru Vaida Voievod 53-55, 400436 Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
3 The information we collect
Office Depot collects (personal) information when you send us an email via the contact form where you will be requested to provide some or all of the following information:
- Your name;
- Your E-mail address;
- Your telephone number.
We may also collect certain non-personal information including:
- The type of browser you are using;
- The type of operating system; and
- The domain name of your Internet service provider.
4 Our legal basis for processing your personal information
Whenever we process your personal information we have a legal basis for what we do. The different legal bases we rely on are:
- Consent: You have told us you are happy for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose;
- Legitimate interests: The processing is necessary for us to conduct our business, but not where our interests are overridden by your interests or rights.
- Performance of a contract: We must process your personal information in order to be able to provide you with one of our products or services;
- Prevention of fraud: Where we are required to process your data in order to protect us and our customers from fraud or money laundering;
- Public information: Where we process personal information which you have already made public;
- Legal claims: The processing of your personal information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity; and
- Legal obligation: We are required to process your personal information by law.
5 How we use the information
The (personal) data collected about you will be processed, used and stored and used only for the indicated purpose(s), including to:
- Personalisation of the website;
- Analyse trends; and
- Improve site design and security.
6 How we protect your (personal) data
We are dedicated to protect your (personal) data and the systems it is held in. We have defined and implemented adequate technical and organisational measures against any unauthorised access, unlawful use, accidental loss, corruption or destruction. This way, we are confident that your (personal) data will be processed on a strictly ‘need to know basis’, when and where appropriate and necessary.
As we are fully aware threats evolve and diversify and we wish to sustain your trust throughout the years, we regularly review and update our security measures and infrastructure, with a view to mitigate operational risks and maintain our security programs up to the latest industry-accepted standards and best practices.
7 Our service providers
Office Depot may engage partners and to provide the services. These third parties process your (personal) information on our behalf and are required to meet our security and privacy standards. These third parties include:
- Partners that provide insights and analytics services;
- Advertising companies;
- Partners which run our customer service centers.
Office Depot will not share any of your information with companies outside our group unlawfully.
8 International transfers of your (personal) data
Please be informed that we might transfer and process any (personal) data you provide to us to countries other than your country of residence. The laws of these countries may not afford the same level of protection to your (personal) data. We will therefore seek to ensure that all adequate safeguards are in place and that all applicable laws and regulations are complied with in connection with such transfer. More in particular for data transferred from the EU to countries outside the EU, we will use Intra Group Data Transfer Agreements based on EU Model Clauses.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your (personal) data are properly secured using appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures, so that they are protected against unauthorized or unlawful use, alteration, unauthorized access or disclosure, accidental or wrongful destruction, and loss. Your (personal) data will be retained for as long as required for the above purposes or in so far as such is necessary for compliance with statutory obligations and for solving any disputes.
10 Data retention
We retain your (personal) data for as long as required to perform the purpose for which they were collected and used (for example, for the time necessary for us to send you the newsletters you subscribed to, to provide you with customer service, answer queries, etc.), unless a longer period is necessary for our legal obligations or to defend a legal or financial claim.
11 Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, you may be able to exercise in relation to the personal information we process about you;
- the right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to restrict our use of your personal information;
- the right to be forgotten;
- the right of data portability; and
- the right to object to our use of your personal information.
Where we rely on consent as the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you may also withdraw that consent at any time. Please note that we will need to verify your identity before we can fulfil any of your rights under data protection law. This helps us to protect the personal information belonging to our customer against fraudulent requests.
The following link will take you to the subject access request form if you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above. http://sar.officedepot.eu
12 Cookies and similar technologies
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a piece of data, a text file with anonymous information that includes a unique user identification and website name. Tracking technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts may be used for analysing trends. For further information please be referred to the Cookie Notice. https://vikingoffice.eu/cookies/
When you visit Office Depot or Viking, we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to find out such things as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way that does not directly identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do collect personal data through our website, we’ll be upfront about this. We’ll make it clear when we collect personal information and we’ll explain what we intend to do with it. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
13 Other websites
This Security and Privacy Notice only applies to this website. Our websites contain links to other websites. Please note that Office Depot is not responsible and assumes no liability for the content of external websites even if links refer to them.
If Data Subjects have a concern or intend to complain to Office Depot about how their Personal Data has been processed or appeal against any decision, they can reach out to the Data Protection Office by using the email address email@example.com or lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
15 How to contact us
You can contact our Data Protection Officer via:
or write to us at:
This document is amended from time to time. Venlo, 3 February 2022. .